Emerging MidgePosted on 6 December 2012 by Vincent
If you want to fish dries on reservoirs, midges are the way to go right now. Lot’s of midges are emerging all winter long. Key is to use small flies. Very small.
Depending on water roughness use more or less CDC. If you fish rougher water (more wind or current), use more CDC to make sure it still floats like a cork. Use as little CDC as possible.
- Hook: Fulling Mill Short Shank Speciaal #12
- Thread: Black Benecchi 12/0
- Ribbing: Stripped peacock quill
- Thorax: Black Spectra dubbing
- Wing: 3 Natural brown CDC feathers