Hot tail nymphPosted on 17 January 2013 by Vincent
I’ll tie an all-round river nymph this time. It’s a quick tie. The small hot spot on the tail gives this fly a special power.
Sometimes you’ll want a fly that stands out just a bit. Especially in water that’s a bit murky, a hot spot on a nymph can make a big difference.
Of course you can tie this fly in hundreds of color combinations. But be sure to use contrasting colors for the hot spot in the tail. Have fun with this one!
- Hook: Tiemco 3761BL #12
- Thread: 70 denier GSP white
- Bead: 3mm black tungsten bead
- Tail: Grey cock hackle fibers
- Hotspot: #6/0 fire orange UNI
- Thorax: Mix of black Spectra dubbing and natural hare’s ear dubbing